Sunday, June 19, 2005

dream part 2

Had another dream last night. She was small - maybe 6 months old with a head full of dark, shiny hair. I came into the room and she was lying on a bunch of very soft fluffy sheets that were gathered all around her. She was smiling. She was happy. I woke up. I was smiling. I was happy.

We got the I171H yesterday which means the US immigration department has approved us bringing an orphan into the country. I did my little happy dance when I got the envelope which made Arny smile. Seeing the words "Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance processing of Orphan Petition" and "Your advance processing application has been forwarded to the American Consulate or Embassy at Guangzhou, China (approval for 1 child)" made it real. I am going to be a mom.

We spent the rest of the night discussing names and actually started a list: Alexandra, Amanda and Emily. We won't decide until we get the referral picture. We could after all be referred a boy and while Alexandra could easily be changed to Alexander, Amanda or Emily would cause all sorts of problems.

No comments: