Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home At Last...

........and how sweet it is.

For those who know, this one has been anything but relaxing, with my mother in and out of the hospital. I actually left New York on Wednesday to fly back down to Florida, putting the likelihood of making the Friday night flight to Tokyo in jeopardy. Despite the extra flights, I am glad I did as I probably avoided an even longer hospital stay for my mother by being there and opening my mouth.

To describe the scene at the hospital would take too long. I will just say that I have never seen such disinterest and incompetence, putting my mother's health at stake. Frankly, the experience has made us rethink living so far away.

Unfortunately, since my time in NY was cut short, I wasn't able to see or speak to everyone I wanted to. But, we did get to have some fun and here are the pictures to prove it.......I'll post more of the whole trip tomorrow.....


Molly, Max and Ariana bonding over chips and salsa.....
being creative with sidewalk chalk.....

being creative getting the sidewalk chalk off.......
Mia and Ariana at the Children's Museum...



Ariana and Baba experiencing the best of New York - sitting outside on a lovely day on the Upper West Side people watching..

No comments: