Saturday, August 29, 2009

Taking A Break


After almost of month of "guys" traipsing in and out of our house, we have decided to take a break. They will finish painting the upstairs early next week and then we will reclaim our house, if only to find the things that seem to be missing. A random shirt, my camera battery charger and cord (this is why there have been no pictures), etc. These things and more seemed to have fallen into one of the many boxes that have been opened and shut again in the mad search for what we need.

We want to unpack, organize and otherwise feel like this is a home. Which means unpacking books, hanging artwork and maybe even putting down a rug. And you can't do that with guys with heavy, dirty boots walking around - even if they are very considerate and clean up nicely after themselves.

So, the work will go on outside (painting the outside of the house), while we stay in, trying to get any site of cardboard to disappear. We have about two months to deal with the stuff we have before more arrives from the last of our storage facilities. Then, we will start all over again....what joy.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I must admit, the sight of the boxes makes me tense. Unpacking, the downside of embracing change. I always try to tell myself "give it time". But then again, I lived in my first house for a year before I put a nail in the wall. So, maybe not that much time. Tell Ariana she looks cool.

Brigitte said...

How is it that now you are gone I have found your blog????? at least I can see what you are up to over there by my sister. Sounds like people are helping you get settled and then some!