Monday, April 26, 2010

We are Back and It is Gone

Good bye useless stove.
Sayonara ugly linoleum.
Hasta la vista cabinets with the nails dangerously sticking out of the sides.
Good riddance Formica counter made to look like wood.
See ya 80's chandelier.


Since we got back, baba san has been feverishly wiring the outlets, the lighting, the switches and anything else electrical. Ariana, Tess and I have been mostly staying out of his way, except when the sound of "Jennifer..." reaches my ears. Then I enter, hold whatever it is I need to hold, and disappear again as soon as I am released from my "assistant" duties.



Ariana too has joined into the fun, sweeping up the floor - very nicely I might add.

In the meantime, the contents of the yucky cabinets are now scattered in the dining and living room.
My thoughts of organizing everything within easy reach were in the end, just thoughts. While we have found a few things, most of it will stay hidden away until we unpack. We have a supply of plastic plates and cutlery and will most likely patronize our local restaurants for the duration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my memories of your kitchen are gone too. I will have to visit again then!!! Cannot wait! Celine