Saturday, October 06, 2007

I love woo....

Yes, even in Japan, children (and I'm sure dogs too) dress up and parade around in costume. We went to the aquarium and they had a Halloween corner. Ariana loved the witch's hat, and I must admit she looks adorable. She will have a party at school, another one at the children's English program where I used to volunteer and possibly a neighborhood parade depending on how "Halloweened out" we all are. The question is what should she be????
Baba has started reading "Winne the Pooh" to Ariana at night. She will actually sit for more than a few minutes and listen. I tried reading to her while she was sitting in her bed, but as soon as I stopped and said "sleepy time", she propelled herself into my arms, so it was baba dancing time again. Hopefully, by the time she is in high school, she will go to sleep on her own.
Ariana has a new little boyfriend, Jack, who is in her playgroup. They are about the same size (I think that's part of the attraction)
The nose..................at the Teien Museum, a small one near our house, they have a lovely garden that is great for kids. The nose sculpture is a particular favorite, because they can climb around.

On another note, she is riding her bicycle better and better, pedaling like a big girl most of the time. She had her first fall, cried, got up and climbed right back on and kept going. Unless she gets stuck, she no longer wants help, turning back with a fast "no" or "go away" at the first sign of assistance.
But the highlight was the other day when I was holding her and looked into her eyes and said "I love you". She matched my gaze and replied "I love woo"....hee hee hee hee................

No comments: