Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dumplings, Part 2 and 3



On the Sunday following the party, we all went to Yokohama for the Chinese New Year parade. Dragons, dancing women, kings, queens and jesters made their way down the street, stopping to pose for pictures and say hello to the children.



After seeing the woman in the restaurant window making perfectly shaped dumplings, Wenjun and I decided to continue to try on Tuesday. Since she had a lot of filling and dough left over from the party, we only had to roll, stuff and steam our way to a delicious snack.

So we thought.

We rolled, we stuffed, we steamed. As we tasted them, they seemed ok. I brought some already steamed home for dinner and had another batch to put in the freezer for later.

To heat, I put them in the microwave. Big mistake. I served them. Bigger mistake. Arny was not happy. According to Wenjun, John was not happy either.

Last night I steamed the ones' we bought from the restaurant and just for the fun (or torture) of it, I steamed a few of the one's we made that were in the freezer.

It is official.

I cannot make dumplings.

Yet.

I will keep trying.

No comments: