Monday, February 01, 2010

Logic??

Ariana and I were supposed to be on a plane at 8am Saturday morning to visit Baba, Nana and Gramps in Florida, so of course, Murphy's Law sets in and Ariana gets sick. Since subjecting fellow passengers to the sniffles, sneezes, coughs and sniffle-sneeze-cough related whining of a five-year old is a form of sadistic torture I prefer not to inflict on humanity, I cancel the flight.
Or try to.
After signing in to JetBlue's website, a message appears saying that they are upgrading their reservation system and no services will be available. They instruct passengers who have to cancel or change a flight to go to the airport to do it.
Excuse me???
If I could go to the airport to change/cancel the flight, I would be on it.
I call the 800 number and Wayne, a very kind and polite man answers. Unfortunately, the system is down for this upgrade so he can't do anything about it. He suggests I call back around 2pm. Mmmmm Wayne, my flight is at 8am, so calling at 2 isn't really going to do me any good. He graciously gives me his "number" so I can prove I called before the flight, though there is no way for him to make any record of the call, given the system is down.
Throughout the day, I occasionally try to get through either by phone, but am told "we are experiencing a very high call volume".
Of course you are.

24 hours later, after waiting about 30 minutes "on hold", I am connected to Elisia, a lovely woman who feels my pain, as she is experiencing her own having to navigate an entirely new system.

I think they owe everyone a bag of Terra Blues.....

No comments: