Tuesday, May 09, 2006

As if Things Couldn't Get Any Crazier

It is official.

We are moving to Tokyo sometime towards the end of June or early July. Before we leave we have to find a shipper, get our visas and buy everything we need baby and teenager wise. Tess and I will travel to Florida to visit with my mother and set things up for her so my guilt at leaving a 94 year old woman to travel half way around the world is lessened as much as humanly possible. Tess must be brought to her "home-away-from-home" at Julie, Stuart and Jack's house. More guilt. Once we get to Japan, we have to find an apartment, find a social worker to do our homestudy update and wait for all of our worldly goods to arrive. Our referral should come sometime towards the end of July. Jed will be arriving to spend his junior year with us towards the end of August. We will travel to China towards the end of September, with a brief stop in Honolulu so TeeBeeDee will become a US citizen (and hopefully meet her big sister and her auntie "M") the beginning of October. TeeBeeDee and I will travel to New York to get Tess and then Florida to see grandma the end of November.

And then.............................I'll just pass out from all of the above excitement - properly insuring of course that I don't land on the baby.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Crane said...

OKAY, WHAT?????????

mama J said...

Yes, it's true. My life is not crazy enough as it is, waiting for the referral, my husband being out of work, etc., etc. I need more insanity and uncertainty, so when he got the job offer in Tokyo, I thought "hey, this will really get me stressed - let's do it!!! Oh, and let's throw in a 16 year for good measure!!!

M3 said...

Wow!!! So this boring 'ole adoption process just wasn't enough for you, huh? *grin*

Good luck with all the changes. It sounds pretty dang exciting.

M3 (fellow July waiting parent)

Elizabeth Crane said...

Holy cow. Well, don't leave without sending me your forwarding address and email... and send me some Japanese cuteness!