Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Shopping

I walked down the isles thinking this shopping excursion would be fun. Ha!!

As I made my way through the store, getting close to the "baby" isle, my heart started to quicken - there it was, right in front of me. "I can do this" I thought, as I saw the baby bottles come into view. What??!! There was an entire wall of them - perhaps ten different brands, large, small, ones with little pictures on them, ones with slanted tops, ones that claim to be good for colicky babies - who knew??? I had a list with things to buy and bottles were on it, but which particular kind of bottles was I supposed to buy? I started sweating and looked to Arny for help. "I don't remember, it was a long time ago" he said, trying to be helpful (NOT!!!) but wanting to be anywhere else at the moment. "Thanks for the insight", I thought as the image of my child refusing all food because she didn't like the bottle came into my mind.

I searched and searched, my mind racing. I picked up the 4oz. bottles and threw them in the cart. No, wait, what if she wanted a lot. Should I get the 8oz. ones instead? My heart felt like it was about to explode from beating so fast as I was thinking "this shouldn't be this hard". Just then, Arny picks up the Platex Gift set containing a variety of sizes and nipples. Done!!! Have I ever mentioned that my husband is one brilliant man?

We moved on to the pharmacy area. He mentioned something about needing headphones and wandered off to the electronic area. Fine. Leave me in the middle of a panic attack. You know what I said about him being brilliant before? I lied.

P.S. I ended up with about half the items on the list, but I did by the Fisher Price Peek-A-Boo Alphabet blocks. My little gift to myself as my mind is such right now that playing on the floor with these adorable little things is about the only thing I'm capable of.

No comments: