Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Snot Sucker

For those of you who don't know, the Snot Sucker is a big bulb like devise that you squeeze, shove in your child's nose, and proceed to suck out all the snot in there. Luckily for me, Ariana likes it, as well as liking all of the medicine and vitamins I shoot into her mouth from little droppers.

Yes, my daughter has her first cold. Perhaps it was all of the playdates and "mommy and me" classes - she is now officially a sniffling toddler. And a grouchy toddler. And a whiny, needy "pick me up now or I will break your eardrum" toddler.


She is sleeping now. After a night of not. Sleeping that is. For either of us. While she is sleeping, I am standing by the computer waiting to try the Slingbox for the 100th time since it went down over a week ago (is that all? it seems like years!!). I am not napping because the desire to sit said sniffling, whiny, needy "pick me up now or I will break your eardrum" toddler in front of the television with entertaining but educational english language cartoons and other assorted children's programs so I can get something done is too great. I will gladly not sleep in order to give her the slightest diversion so I can GET SOMETHING DONE.


And yes I know what you are thinking - and yes, I do need a nap!!

On a totally unrelated note, here is a picture:



are they cute or what...............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rik here, this is great! The Snot-Sucker!! I am quite into it myself, especially since we bought 2 Japanese ones while we were in Tokyo. I love the ones there, you have to try them. Tube one in the nose, Two tube in your mouth, in between a little receptacle that catches the, well, boogies. All clear to watch the fun!

mama J said...

that is just gross!!!

Michelle said...

love the picture.
cute baby update: mia was walking around the apartment with one of my mini pads (you know... the kotex variety) and evan asked her where it goes, and she put it on her butt. ok, not precise, but in the ballpark.

oh, the snot..... it is neverending. we've had mia for 8 months today!!