Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Only In Japan

1) Yesterday after dropping Ariana off at her gym class, I headed back to the apartment. When I got there, I realized I had left the keys in the stroller, which was still outside in front of the gym about a mile and a half away. Rather than freaking out, I went across the street to the bookstore, had a coffee and strolled back in time to pick Ariana up. Keys were still there. This being Japan, I had no doubt they would be.

2) Before reaching the apartment, I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up some medication for Ariana, as our doctor had called the night before telling us she would call in a prescription. I was supposed to get 5 days worth, but for some reason they only gave me 2. After explaining how to take it, the pharmacist explained something else, but I was not sure what. I had a feeling it was about the other 3 days, but couldn't figure out exactly what. Since I would be at the doctor's today, I figured I would find out the details from the doctor.

At about 8:30pm the bell rang downstairs. Not expecting anyone, I figured it was the occasional Jehovah's witness and was all prepared to ignore it. Baba san answered and as I came walking towards the phone, heard "DiLaura medicine" coming from the speaker. As it turns out, the pharmacist herself came to deliver the other 3 days worth - earlier they only had enough for two days, but got more later that day.

Like I said, only in Japan.

1 comment:

Excess Information said...

Hey. Your post really reminds me of the great things in Japan. So many of them.