Monday, October 09, 2006

A Baby in the House




This is Maya and Angelina. They came over to play yesterday with their parents. Actually, it was our first time entertaining - we had a barbeque, with hamburgers and hot dogs, cole slaw and potato salad - very American.

It was also the first time with a two year old in the house and I must say, it was enlightening. Arny got very nervous when Maya went over to the glass window (which goes from floor to ceiling) and put her hands on it – he knew it was securely attached to the building but still; he now wants to get a piece of furniture to block access as the thought of Ariana flying through the air nine stories to the ground was too much for him to even contemplate.

Getting used to someone that is knee high will take some time. I had to think and look down before I moved for fear of knocking her over as she would silently come up next to me.

There will be no more things artfully arranged on the coffee table, or any low surface for that matter. They are curious little buggers, aren’t they?

And yes, the bamboo shoots I have in vases on the floor must be moved.

Note to self: locks on cabinets, locks on cabinets, locks on cabinets!!!

But on the other hand, hearing the squeals of joy and laughter as she found something new, watching her smile with satisfaction as she rolled the big medicine ball to me in the hall and listening to this adorable one speak Japanese was priceless!!

I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait.......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear. We just saw our nephew this weekend - two in December, and man, once they're walking, it's true - lookout! But it's AWESOME!

Judy Metter said...

I so forward to your blogs that when a day goes by without one I'm disappointed. Thanks for keeping us a part of your experience. You are going to make the BEST mom and pop - she is at such an incredible age - it's such fun just to sit and watch kids that age as they experience new things with such pure joy (along with some tantrums!). I'm hoping to be there either next fall or the following spring so I can meet her in person.