Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Moment of Graditude

Today is Thanksgiving. As concerned as I am about the state of the world, our status here in Tokyo and the frightening sight of our 401k's, I also look around and see how much I have.

Two years ago (today!!!!!) the powers that be placed a beautiful (despite the fact she was screaming her head off) daughter in my arms. Today she surprises me regularly with her inquisitiveness and her humor. I have a loving husband who is caring and compassionate and who cooks and even cleans up (ok, not all the time and not everything, but enough). I have two step children that occasionally surprise me with their insightful observations and constantly amuse me with their antics, two of the best in-laws a girl could have (even my mother thought so, so you know they have to be great) and friends - oh, where do I even begin to explain where I would I be without my friends......

Life is good......

No comments: