Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Day After

The entire day yesterday was spent on adrenaline. Having not slept more than a minute or two before "the phonecall" and not a wink after, I survived on excitement, caffeine and sugar as I answered phonecalls and emails and stared at my daughter's (I can finally say that!!!!)face.

I broke away long enough to meet Debra for more coffee and sugar, and a trip to a second hand baby store, where I picked up some of the cutest things for 100 yen (that's less than one dollar!!)

Now, a word about the mystery people leaving comments on my blog. For those who don't know, these are the amazing fellow adoptive parents who I have spent the past many months getting to know online, in cyberspace. Without ever having met, we have supported and encouraged each other through what was THE LONGEST WAIT EVER!!!!!!! Since posting about our referral, I have been contacted by families who have also adopted children from Ariana's orphanage and who are, at this very minute, looking through their photos to see if they have any of her. If so, they have promised to send them. These people are amazing and it makes me proud to be one of them now.

4 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

Ohh...how exciting. Our Mia was 22 months when I brought her home in July. A toddler is so exciting !!
What a blessing !

Michelle said...

Of course everything is great! (referring to your post yesterday)With your daughter now in arm's reach, even when everything isn't great, everything really is.

Michelle said...

ps mia took many steps on her own today. mouth wide open, eyes smiling, arms reaching out to me. she knows she's doing something extraordinary. i think she knows we're doing something extraordinary together. (weep, weep)

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo cute! adorable and a great age.
What a blessing.

Lid May 15, 2006