Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sleepless Nights

My stomach is doing flips as I read on the boards that people are expecting the referrals any day now. My mind is racing – it is after midnight and I am wide awake. It’s as if I want to be awake when the phone call comes and am going to stay awake until then. Could it come so soon? When did it become the end of September?
It is really torture, sitting and waiting. I can’t stand it – I really can't. I can practically hear my heart beating in my chest. I’m ready to jump out of my skin.
There was just a little earthquake – at least I think it was. I can’t even tell anymore. Sometimes they are so small. I’m sitting on the club chair in the living room watching the lights on the tops of the buildings blink on and off signaling to the planes that they are there.
Everyone else is sleeping soundly. The computer is resting on my legs, and it is hot against my skin. Blink…Blink…Blink go the lights. Still, I wait.
It seems Tokyo is churning with me as it is a morning with lots of little tremors – or is that me??

No comments: