Friday, May 21, 2010

The Counter

Ah, to have real counters again. While we were waiting, baba san got creative and laid down folded cardboard boxes and wood from the old shelves, not just to protect the cabinets but so we could use them until the real thing was installed. That happened yesterday, with three rather large men carrying in the slabs of granite. Of course, that meant I had to clean off the surprising full space of toaster, microwave, various plates, glasses, silverware, etc. that had accumulated.

After that I mostly watched as they grunted and groaned while maneuvering the giant pieces. And then, voila!! I ran my hand over the smooth surface, congratulating myself on the last minute change in stone - baba san decided we should be designing kitchens after he saw the finished work. I just want him to clean up after himself so the beautiful counters stay beautifully clear of miscellaneous objects that seem to appear every time he walks into the kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good

Heather said...

Looks nice! I'm sure you'll be glad when it's all done.