Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Bert


Bertazzoni that is. A most beautiful range. Now, if only it would work. But, just like an Italian, it needs some sweet talk. Sometimes it turns on right away and others, I can hold the knob until I am frozen and only hear the "click, click, click" of the starter. I have a call into the manufacturer and I am supposed to hear from then today.

Today was one of those days when it turned on right away and I took the opportunity, at Ariana's request, to make some popcorn.

Delish!!!!!

Tomorrow the counter gets installed. I am patiently waiting for the phone call that will tell me the time it will arrive. I can't wait to get everything set up and get the sink installed. As much as I have enjoyed not having to do dishes and to try out the restaurants in town, I am ready to start cooking again.

Especially when I have such a lovely thing to cook on.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Bert looks beautiful. And, I bet you can use your roasting pan, now!

Anonymous said...

You bet. I want to marry one of those....
Celine

mama J said...

Yes, once the damn things works on a regular basis - we cooked on the grill last night because when we went to try the burners, none worked. Of course this morning, it worked just fine.