Monday, May 03, 2010

Week One

After much wall ripping down and wall putting back up, wiring, wiring, wiring, plumbing and propaning, we have one wall of cabinets up. Or should I say Matt and Jon have one wall of cabinets up. To say we are happy is an understatement - we are ecstatic!!!

We spent Friday looking at counter tops and the rest of the weekend debating the 3 samples we brought home. We need to decide and order it today. They can't come in and measure until all of the cabinets are in. The appliances come on Wednesday and from then until the counter is installed, we will have everything but the kitchen sink - literally. The sink can't be installed until the counter is in. So, for another couple of weeks, we will be functional kitchen-less. And I have to say, not having a kitchen sink is a real drag, because we can only wash very little things in the sink in the downstairs bathroom. The guilt I feel every time I throw away another plastic plate or utensil is only tempered by, well, nothing. If I was a better person I would be traipsing up and down stairs to the big utility sink in the laundry room, carrying the real plates, cups and glasses.

But I am not.

I did order a composter though...that makes up for something, right???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

redecorating is fun.. I miss that with not being a homeowner anymore.. Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Could you use your dirty laundry pipes to send the dishes downstairs? ....

mama J said...

great idea!!!