Sunday, May 23, 2010

Patience

We are enjoying our not-quite-finished kitchen immensely. The layout really works and makes things so much easier. Getting used to where things are will take some getting used to, but all in all things are working out well. We still have a bit to finish over the next few weeks.

Monday brings the plumber back to finish installing the dishwasher and the cabinet guy to touch up the surfaces on several of the doors, which arrived; minus some stain, badly stained, nicked and otherwise unacceptable. The range repair person is also coming, since it still is not turning on with any consistency. It did not work at all on Friday and Saturday, but today is working like a charm. Luckily we have the grill outside where we have made our meals.

I have been working out the design for the floor - we are going with cork. There are so many options and colors it took me awhile. Now that the counters are in and we can see how they work with the cabinets, the decisions are a bit easier. I should be able to put the order in next week.

Baba san ordered the under-cabinet lights, which should come in about 2 weeks. While a bit more expensive, he decided on LED lights - more energy efficient and we will never have to change a bulb. I have almost decided on the pendant lights - one more trip down to The Bowery should finalize that.

The only major decision left is the back splash tile. I have some ideas, but will continue to think about it. I probably won't order anything until the floor tile is down so as to see how everything works together. In the meantime, I have to paint the ceiling, trim and walls - VERY CAREFULLY, I might add.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is going to be so nice when it is done.. I love having new stuff