Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Buddhist Blessing



No matter what your faith, to be blessed by a Buddhist monk is an experience not to be missed if you ever get the chance. For me, it was extra special as this is the predominant religion in China and part of my child's heritage.

We arrived at the incense filled temple, filed in and took our shoes off before entering the alter area. We all nealt and closed our eyes and the monk started to chant. We all wished for our daughters and I was transported to a place of such warmth and safety I cannot adequetly describe it here. Needless to say when it was over, my glasses were wet from the tears that fell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:
I just got a letter from my father's cousin who has recently turned 90. She was adopted at three months and never fails to mention how blessed she feels to have been part of the fanily,. Let's hope that Ariana has an equally long and eventful life.
Larry

Michelle said...

I love that you took her there! I wish we had been able to do that - such a lovely thought.

I've been following your posts - it's great that Ariana has a strong set of lungs, is capable of voicing her opinions and letting you know what she likes and doesn't like. Just when you think you've gotten it figured out, she will change her likes and dislikes again. Remember, she is a girl!

I have gotten many knowing (but thankfully not annoyed) glances on the subway when Mia is wailing over something - or nothing. It's just what they do.

Hey, we're still meeting in Florida on the 26th, right?! Can't wait to see you! xxMichelle

Not The Other Mother said...

"Oh Buddah, thanks for giving Ariana to Jennifer and Arnie, and providing her with a nice punk hair do. She kind of reminds me of Pat Benatar a bit. And thou leadeth Jennifer-san to a CVS-like store in Tokyo fully stocked with plenty of gell and hair clips.But most of all remindeth her to maketh play-date with Molly on her visit to NYC in January. These things and many more I ask in Buddah's name. Praise to Buddah!" Love, Maxnmolsmom

mama J said...

All playdates in Florida and New York hereby confirmed!!!!