Monday, November 27, 2006

16 months today our dossier got logged in to the China Center for Adoption Affairs, we will have our daughter. 16 months of job changes, moves across, birthdays, vacations, arguments and make up sessions.

In 2 1/2 hours I meet my daughter. As I sit here in the hotel early in the morning, I don't think how long the wait was, I just think that in two and a half hours, I will see the little face that I have been staring at since September. I will touch that little face that is filled with both fear and determination. I will hold my baby in my arms.

As I was making my coffee and waiting for the water to boil, I filled her little snack cup.
Her.
Little.
Snack. Cup.

Before I leave, I will pack her diaper bag with a few toys and diapers.
Her.
Diaper.
Bag.

These things are no longer items I bought for “the baby" they are hers now. They belong to someone now. They are Ariana's.

I do hope she likes them.

3 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Beautiful! I totally understand. I experienced the same thing exactly 4 weeks ago in Nanchang. Our hotel room overlooked the Civil Affairs building, so I stared at it for the last 3 hours!

What a wonderful day for you~ Mama J!!

Lisa and Shane said...

Congrats Mama J - I will be watching - and looking forward to seeing you and your girl togather.

Lisa

Michelle said...

OMG!!!! I'm fighting all urges to pick up the phone and call you. Hope you have enough kleenex!! There's never enough kleenex...