Thursday, November 23, 2006

In Six and a half hours..

we will be on a plane to Beijing. I have been on the verge of tears this morning, trying to concentrate on last minute packing and not to think too much about the way my life will change. How can one person be so excited and so scared at the same time?

A little person is sitting in an orphanage in China, having spent almost her whole life there, with her friends and caregivers, with the sounds and tastes and smells so familiar. Does she know that in a few days, she will be leaving all of that behind for a world filled with everything new?

Here I sit in my apartment in Tokyo, having spent my whole life only having to take care of myself, doing what I want when I want. In a few days, I will be responsible for this little person who needs so much...so much confort and love and patience and guidance.

I am ready................

I think??

No comments: