Monday, November 13, 2006

Peking Duck...

.....will be on the menu for our Thanksgiving dinner as we will be eating it in Beijing!! I just got word that our consulate appointment is on December 5th, which means we leave on Thanksgiving day, spend a few days in Beijing and lay eyes (and hugs and kisses) on our daughter either November 26th or 27th!!!

Finally!!!! the longest process in the world is coming to an end. Arny is busy practicing reciting Dr. Seuss stories (he knows them by heart) and I am busy practicing the few words I know in Mandarin. We have two weeks to perfect whatever it is we need to perfect, because in two weeks we will have our daughter!!!!

3 comments:

Not The Other Mother said...

Wow!!! See, everything happens for a reason. What a perfect way for you Pilgrims to spend Thanksgiving.I'll be thinking of you over dinner next week.I can't wait to see Ariana in your arms.

Tamara said...

We will be in Beijing at the same time! I'm leaving on Thanksgiving day as well- yipee jumping up and down! See ya there!

I Should Think Things Through More said...

Great! Hope your journey is safe and your daughter makes a smooth, happy transition to her family.

Gillian