Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In a place far away..



Ariana is waiting for us in a place called Yong Feng, about four hours southeast from Nanchang, the provincial capital and the place we will meet her. We don't know yet if we will be able to make the trip to the orphanage where she spent her first two years; we want to even if it means sitting on a bus for four hours (I say this now). We want to be able to tell her as much as we can about her early life and what better way than to see it with our own eyes.


We also got a surprise today from one of the cyber families I met online.



She is in the middle, holding the book.



From the looks of it, she's not letting it go so easy...and look at those shoes!!!

3 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Mama J~

I love the new pics! She is so cute!!! Congrats on your impending travel!

Tamara said...

Hope you have a lot of books at home! She is beautiful, I know these pictures mean the world to you. I think we are staying at the exotic Howard Johnson in Beijing! We arrive around 4 p.m. on Friday. I'm afraid our trip to China will be a tad longer then yours, haha!

Michelle said...

She's got beauty (you can tell by looking at her), brains (you can tell by the book) and tenacity (you can tell by the way she's HOLDING ON to the book!) A magnificent combination. Wish I were going with you -- but you know I'll be there with you in spirit. much love....