Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Between

Driving away from the apartment on Thursday night, it dawned on me that for the next ten days, I will be in-between. In between my old life in New York and my new one in Tokyo. I will be traveling to Florida and back to New York, depending on friends and family to provide me with the comforts of home because for the next ten days, I won't have one.

It was so strange seeing all of our stuff being loaded into that 20 foot container - my whole life in this solid rectangle of metal, being shipping halfway around the world. Will it all fit in the new apartment? Should it all fit in the new apartment?

Deciding what to take was hard given we have no idea what our new home will look like - we took enough to create the familiarity of home, but left room to add what will hopefully be familiar soon. The only thing I do know is that while Tess will be residing at the Biblowitz-Warmflash home until the holidays, her hair will be traveling to Tokyo because as anyone with a pug knows, you can leave the dog behind, but never the hair!!

No comments: