Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Comforts of Home



Amazingly, we can get H&H bagels here, along with Philadelphia cream cheese. Ok, so the bagels are frozen and the cream cheese is the japanese version of Philadelphia brand, but still............. our breakfast was quite tasty.

We also bought bagels at a store in Hiroo, called "Bagel & Bagel". They claim to have "New York Style Bagels" but I must say, in New York I never saw "pumpkin seed", "soymilk and edamame" or "volcano" bagels. I had the pumpkin seed one for breakfast and it was bagelicious!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Just wrote a comment on your 'unwanted fortune' post, but felt compelled to leave another one... So, about the GERD thing - it may be that being a stranger in a strange land set you off, but really darling, you're middle aged. So GERD... no big surprise. Spoken to you from your kindred middle aged spirit back home.. - you know the one with the grey hair that is now creeping out-cause-i-don't-have-time-to-get-it colored-and-i-can't-believe-how-many-spider-veins-are-on-my-legs. Wait, I think I need a Zantac. xxoomiss you

mama J said...

I love you!!!

Michelle said...

regarding "whining"... it's 'wine' that's acceptable.

and regarding "i love you"... right back at you!!! hey, enjoy those funky bagels. i'm sure our russian ancestors are rolling their eyes back in their heads and saying "oy vey".